Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Homemade Marshmallow Fluff

3 egg whites, room temperature
2 cups light corn syrup
1/2 t. salt
2 cups sifted powdered sugar
1 T. pure vanilla extract

In the large bowl of an electric mixer, add egg whites, corn syrup, and salt. With your mixer on high speed, mix for approximately 5 minutes or until the mixture is thick and has at least doubled in volume.

On low speed, add powdered sugar and mix until well blended. Add vanilla just until blended. It is now ready to use immediately or can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Makes a large quantity--really a ton! It isn't as stable as Kraft Marshmallow Cream but is very nice as a dip for fruit, cookies, etc. and I think you can use it in fudge but I haven't tried it yet.

I also just used my hand mixer as I don't have a big mixer down here!

No comments:

Post a Comment